snow seems to be a weekly event around here. i am finding myself home a great deal more than i used to be. i decided to really examine what this means to my life and my art. in a way, it is zen, because distractions of ” i have to do this or run there'” are eliminated. i can’t go out because i am still in recovery mode from knee surgery, and frankly i am afraid of falling. again.
so i need to just be. be where i am, and be present. be attentive to the nuances that in a hurried, harried life might be overlooked. and this is not easy! the tendency is to gloss over things and worse, do things mindlessly or by rote…like eating or watching tv….sort of like our default settings. so i reset my default to create. i made my nest cozy with classical music and a fire in the fireplace.
I have always been drawn to the color blue, so i felt compelled to make a blue neckpiece—-lapis lazuli, pearls, sterling wire balls, czech and opaline glass beads blue chalcedony and gorgeous variegated silk ribbon with a sterling clasp. really pleased with way this one turned out. it seems to sing against the skin……. i looked up lapis to find out about this stone:
The blue stone is reputed to bring about harmony in relationships and to help its wearer be an authentic individual who may openly state his or her opinion.
Lapis Lazuli is a powerful stone for those who seek spiritual development. It brings mental clarity & emotional healing, and enhances judgment and wisdom.gorgeous
This stone is also considered strengthening to mind and body. Lapis lazuli allows us to tap our own inner power while purifying the soul and the thoughts.
Lapis Lazuli – Energizes the throat chakra. Augments strength, vitality, virility, mental clarity, illumination. Enhances psychic abilities and communication with higher self and spirit guides.
Lapis enhances Creative expression.
It has also been used as a protective stone, sheltering the wearer/carrier from physical danger and psychic attacks.
Like Moss Agate, Carnelian stimulates analytical capabilities and precision. Activates and energizes personal power, revealing or discovering hidden talents by stimulating your curiosity and inquisitiveness. Long revered for its healing, spiritual and creative qualities. protects the user from all negative emotions. protective energy over rage, resentment, bad tempers, and anger in self and from others.It helps one banish sorrow or depression. Grounds energy and attention into the present.
In the Eastern cultures, Carnelian was favored for Strength.
* Acceptance: This stone calms our fears about death and rebirth, bringing serenity and acceptance of the great cycle of life. Guards against depression.
* Career Success: – A stone of ambition and drive. Assists in decision making.
* Confidence: It inspires a positive courageous confidence, and gives us extra courage to make healthy choices.
* Protection: Protects the user from all negative emotions, especially rage, envy, and fear. Encourages love with family members and relatives. Pink carnelian is particularly good for parent to child relationships, and parent to parent.
* Creativity: Balances creativity and mental processes. Assist one in the creative arts and theatre. Helps remember lines and lyrics by attracting the right words and instilling confidence, while enhancing creativity, individuality and courage.
* Energy: Help to increase physical energy, including sexual energy. A Beneficial HEALTH stone.
ps- please check out and like my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/dbk.design.arts#!/dbk.design.arts
the 175th “liker” earns a free mermaid bracelet! tell your friends too! thanks!